Your application checklist
We’re legally obliged to verify the identity of all our customers. If you cannot supply the documents specified here, please phone us on 0800 850 900 so we can suggest alternatives.
Aztec Finance accepts the following documents as suitable identification:
- current New Zealand or foreign passport or current New Zealand firearms licence; or
- full New Zealand or foreign birth certificate, along with a New Zealand driver’s licence, +18 card; or
- New Zealand driver’s licence, along with a bank statement, a registered and signed bank card, Supergold card, or a statement issued by a government agency that is no more than 12 months old.
In order to assess your ability to repay a loan, help you with loan term options, and for security requirements we require:
- a recent bank statement; and
- two payslips (if you’re working) dated no more than three months prior to your application.
Tenancy agreement or rates demand
(If you own your own property.)
Security for loan
In almost all cases, your approved loan will be “secured” with security you own. If you’re unsure what this means for you, or if you need information about your rights and responsibilities as a borrower, please phone us on 0800 850 900 so we can explain your options to you.
An authorised agent of Aztec Finance will need to sight, and assign a value to, the goods.
Registration number and insurance details of the vehicle in your name. The vehicle must be no more than 12 years old and the registered owner must sign on the contract.
Please provide a recent rates demand, or the address along with the appropriate legal description and owner(s) name(s).
Information provided will be used to assess your borrowing ability.
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, information about you will not be released to any third party until we receive a privacy waiver from them, signed by you, or where we are otherwise required to under law.
The information you provide will become the property of Aztec Finance and will remain on file whether your application is accepted or not.